FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting to the end of 16 A+/SW credits for 1 RR RT
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:55 am
launcher

Getting to the end of 16 A+/SW credits for 1 RR RT

I am at 15.5 credits and it is looking like my 0.5 credits due from e-miles is just going to take too long to post. The A+ support told me 6 to 8 weeks it should post, but in the meantime I have credits falling off 4/15/14. My wife also has 2 credits expiring on 4/15/14, though she won't be getting close to 16.0 credits, her only 2 credits could help me get to 16 if I pay $19 each to convert one or both of them.

couple of questions:
-As for the 4/15 exp date, does this mean when I log in on 4/15/14 I will be missing credits? Does my rewards conversion have to take place by Midnight 4/14 or 4/15??

-If I convert her credits at $19 each ($38.00 total, plus tax) then I may feel as though her two credits did not go to waste. However, I could just as well spend $8.50 worth of my southwest points to bring me from 15.5 to 16.0. My tax free rate of $17/credit is advantageous vs. airtran's conversion rate of $19/credit transferred. Furthermore, I am using southwest points toward an end, and Airtran method requires me to spend cash on top of points, a $40 value as opposed to $17.

-And Airtran has a $29 fee to extend points that in my mind are only worth $20. So I should allow her airtran points to expire gracefully, rather than throwing more money at retaining them, right?

-In the past, there was a loophole where transferring between A+ and SW restarted the clock, but that is no longer allowed, correct? Are there any other loopholes I should be aware of?