FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIXT car rental at Orlando MCO [merged]
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:27 am
makos

Originally Posted by sjazz23
I have not seen many posts regarding Sixt at Orlando Airport (MCO) recently.
I am heading there for 9 days end of June through beginning of July and have never used Sixt. I was looking into them and their fleet, but am now somewhat hesitant, as A)they are offsite, and the older posts indicate that it takes forever to get there, in waiting for the shuttle and then waiting in line, and B)their prices do not seem to fluctuate too much. I currently have a rez with EZ Rental for a luxury at $410 total, and of course, am still looking for a good valued Premium or Luxury from any/all locations.
I don't mind paying for good service and quality, and am not too worried about Sixt's 'hold' process on your credit card, but need to see if anyone has experienced it with Sixt at MCO.
Thanks all!
A, It is not true. The wait time is pretty short. Usually you have to wait for other pax more then for the shuttle itself.

B, While their prices might seem pretty good they place a very high amount of hold on your CC. Usually 2000 USD for a C-class.

I would pick Avis or other big US chains. They do not place any hold on your card or if they do the amount is max 200 USD. Also their car seems to be cleaner then Sixt's at MCO. Also with Avis you can get pretty good offers if you are a not a US resident.