FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:01 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exmike
$200 for a checking account, $200 for a 15k deposit in to a savings account for 90 days. I'd hop on it in an instant if not for this thread. Of course, my MS on chase cards is very very moderate.
That is a lucrative offer. Our area only ever saw a $100 and then $125 for $10K saving account. One bonus per calendar year. Been doing this the 3rd year now.

I cannot see paying other CCs out from a Chase checking account is an issue - UNLESS your checking account is always just an in and out conduit, without any "meaningful" balance ever sits there for more than a couple days. That I suspect would raise issue as it has all the looks of laundering. While checking account by definition is "Demand Deposit" Account, meaning you can withdraw any time at will, thanks to the Patriot Act that the banks are required to watch a myriad of account activities to sniff out money laundering, banks really DONT like to see a lot of rapid in and out in a checking account.