FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum for Life
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:35 am
ryan_keenan

Programs: FB PfL; Virgin AU Velocity Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Tufty Club
PfL - positive experience

FYI I first qualified as FB Plat on 12 Dec 2003. Ended 2012 with fully earned Plat status so received a new FB Plat card in March 2013 valid for calendar year 2013.. Was concerned whether I would maintain Plat status in 2013 as I wasn't flying enough with AF/KL/SkyTeam in Aus/NZ, yet received an official response from FB confirming my enquiry whether I would be eligible to receive Platinum for Life. I valued the personal email response from FB Service Desk, nevertheless I was always apprehensive that the monthly FB status emails didn't seem to echo this - they always stated that I would need to fly 70k Miles / 60 flights to achieve Plat in 2013.

Nett result was that with the FB review email in Jan 2014, they confirmed that as I was holding a Plat status on the 10th anniversary of my initial 'ascension' to Plat, that I would gain PfL.

Final and (hopefully) concrete proof was the PfL card that came through the post five days ago.

I'm looking forward to being greeted as a considerable investor on AF/KL on my next flight with them ;-)