FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:50 am
PortlySpartacus

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just completed a 1-night stay using Points+Cash and I am a Diamond member. Here is a recap of info that might be helpful:

PHV service & staff : A+
Checked in at 2pm, the room wasn't quite ready so they offered us free coffee in the lounge for the 20 minute wait until the room was ready for us.

Room: I used a Suite Upgrade Certificate to book a King Suite room : A+
Here is what I liked about the room - Windows opened into the atrium, very quiet, also could get a nice cool breeze at night
Power window shades, my 14 year old son loved those!
Bathroom - huge, with heated towel rack, robes, and slippers, and tons of storage and place for luggage
Nespresso coffee machine & 2 complimentary bottles of Evian water
Doorbell and Private DND button
Lighting - really can create a very warm and inviting atmosphere at night

I've stayed closer to the Eiffel Tower previously and like the quaint neighborhoods and markets, like Rue Cler. The PHV is situated around very high end shops that I don't typically frequent.

Overall Experience : A+
I booked this 1-night stay as a stopover from a family vacation in Ireland all last week and decided to splurge 1 night in Paris at the PHV.

Breakfast Buffet: A+
Included with my Diamond membership for me and my wife and son. The bill would have been 137 Euros if I would have had to pay. I don't think any breakfast would have been worth that price though. It was amazing and tasted great with lots of choices and great service but lets be honest, its breakfast for 137 Euros.

Here are some additional details that might be helpful to others:

Additional charge for 3rd person in the room : Upon check-in, the desk agent told me there is normally a 100 Euro "extra" charge to have a roll-away brought into the room. This was for my 14 year old son that was travelling with me and my wife. The agent offered to "waive" the fee this "one time" but said in the future.....I would be charged this fee as an extra daily charge No one ever mentioned this fee at Hyatt when I called to make the reservation months ago. I have never seen this fee mentioned on the website either. The agent handled the situation in a positive way but I felt like he was warning me that if I ever stay there again with my son, I should be prepared to pay the extra 100 Euro fee per night. Has anyone else ever been charged this additional fee for a 3rd person staying in the room?

Transportation to/from hotel:
Arrival - We took the Roissybus from CDG to Opera....it was around 11.50 Euro per person. On a Sunday afternoon it took about 45 minutes to arrive at Opera destination, then 5 minute walk (2-3 blocks) to PHV. Very good experience.
Departure - We took a cab on a Monday morning from PHV to Terminal 2E. Total cost with tip, 70 Euros. It took 40 minutes, with traffic. We took the cab just to make sure we arrived early, in hindsight, Roissybus would have been fine and would have saved 40 Euros. Uber would have been a possibility as well as the quote from Uber was 45 Euro.

Final Thoughts:
Overall, what an amazing place, and really sets itself apart from other Hyatt properties, right from the moment you enter. This is a place to stay to get a feel for how ultra millionaires live. I never felt unwelcome at any point but this is such a high class hotel that it almost made me feel....what's the right way to say this?.....out of place perhaps.

This was a great experience and a real treat and now I can see why Hyatt added this into a Category 7 hotel and made the P+C price at $300/night. I get the feeling they want to maintain a certain level of class of clientele at this property.