FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:10 am
tng11

Originally Posted by avm2806
Closer to date it should clear, if that flight stays open - this is because of married segment - so basically since HKG-SIN-SYD vs SIN-SYD is the same miles, they aren't opening that seat for you... If it doesn't fill up they will open it
Yeah, that's the response I've gotten from a few SQ reps. Basically, quotas are allocated by origin/destination. Therefore, the flight I chose is only available for HKG-SIN redemptions but not a HKG-SIN-SYD itinerary. The rep still sent a ticket to inventory management/seat controllers to see if they could expedite clearance despite not having status, which was a nice gesture.

My flight is just under 2 weeks from now. According to the seat map, there are now 5 passengers (only 2 up until this past Saturday when seats were made available), but still availability on the particular segment I'm waitlisted for. Hopefully it clears, but if not, it means I'll just have to deal with a tight connection in SIN and no use of TPR.