FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 UA Issued Awards on Air China (CA) Are Mysteriously Being Canceled (Hacked?)
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:59 pm
LilAbner

Originally Posted by uanj
These minor inconveniences are nothing to me compared to the advantage of earning and redeeming across the Star network.
^

Saturday my wife lost her f/c seat on an RJ to LAX due to downsizing by United Airlines (actually Skywest).

United Airlines (actually a new t/a) gave her a b/p for Eva Air and told her to pass the ticket counter @ the Bradley terminal and head straight to the gate. WRONG,TSA sent her back to Eva.

United Airlines
checked her bags all the way thru to KKC (Khon Kaen) via BKK and informed her that her overweight luggage would be NO PROBLEM as she was a 1K/Gold BIG shot. Actually TG put the brakes on this theory after she cleared customs and rechecked in at the domestic terminal. Other factors made this work out in the end, however.

So, as stated above, minor inconveniences will happen, and three languages were involved (English, Chinese, and Thai) but when my wife finally arrived at her village all she could do was rave about her flights and the service extended to her.

Just making it half way around the world, on her own, with the Star network looking out for her, every step of the way, and with all of the recent headlines of people not being able to get straight answers about their loved one's, makes me glad that I stuck with UA the past 18 years. ^