FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:29 pm
Frogbone

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
^^ Dave has an answer for everything, doesn't he?

Puddinhead....So how is this different than putting on the Medallion luggage tags - which have no personal info which would make them useful if the bag was lost?

It advertises Delta to the world and serves no useful purpose other than letting kettles know you are a diamond - assuming they know what that means.

In the 30's people wore sandwich boards (I've seen it in old movies) and now some hold up signs at intersections but are paid. Today people pay to buy a piece of clothing (Nike, Harley Davidson, Gucci, Bo and Edna's Surf Shop and topless bar, etc.) then wear it without compensation.

If DL made this something that was only available to GM and above it then this discussion would have a different slant.
The difference is that I am putting MY OWN tag on MY OWN bag.

Let me ask you this puddinhead: What if someone various cab companies or rental car places wait at the carousel right where the bags come out and put their tags on your bag? Would you just stand there and wait until they are done or would you tell them to knock it off? I think we all know the answer to that !