FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: CLT / Charlotte Douglas Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:37 pm
plon

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
Looks like the Preferred lane before security is now basically gone, at least on weekends.

There used to be a Preferred lane at the entrance to the C concourse, then it moved over to the A/B entrance, and now it's back at the C concourse; if you're facing the US Airways first class/Preferred ticket counters, it's to the left.

However, the only lane at the C concourse, at least on the past few Sundays when I've flown, is for Preferreds (and first class); there is no "regular" lane. (There are two lanes, but one, which is the old Preferred lane, is closed, and the old "regular" lane, is marked "Preferred" but is open to anyone.)

I've noticed a huge line in that lane- just as long as the regular line at the entrance to the A/B concourses. When I've started to enter, I've noticed the sign saying "Preferred/First Class", and a security person asks, "Are you Preferred or first class?" when I start to enter.

However, the sole lane at the entrance to the C concourse, despite being marked "Preferred", is clearly used by just anyone who wants to use it, since the line is very, very long-much longer than it used to be- and is full of people who don't look like frequent flyers, and since the security person doesn't check boarding passes.

So I have used the D or E security lanes, which are much faster, even though there is no Preferred lane.

So...any way to contact the US station manager and get this situation fixed? The closed lane at the C concourse security entrance should be reopened and made a Preferred lane, as it used to be, or the Preferred lane should be enforced as just for Preferreds.

Thanks.

What time were you flying? I asked the TSA once, and they said they shut all the preferred (and PreCheck) lanes at 8pm on weekends. (and I've noticed sometimes as early as 7:30)

Last edited by plon; Mar 30, 2014 at 3:37 pm Reason: typo