FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Maui, Ka'anapali, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:20 pm
PDX Duck

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Just finished a six-night stay at the Westin Maui and have to say they did a great job with the renovation of the Ocean Tower rooms. When I made the reservation last summer, I was a little nervous as the comments on Trip Advisor had the Westin as one of the lowest-ranked hotels in the area (still showing as 23rd out of 28 hotels in Lahaina.) In my opinion, I think it should be in the top 10 after the renovation. Room looked brand-new with a modern design, great bed and linens, etc.

The rest of the resort was fantastic, with multiple pools and a fitness room overlooking the pool and the ocean. Being a resort on one of the premier beaches in the world, the cost for everything was high, but typical for any of the hotels on Kaanapali Beach. Fortunately, we were able to book with SPG points, so our only cost for the room was the $30 per night resort fee. Our greatest disappointment was the recent increase in points needed to book the Westin. For this trip, our stay cost 60,000 points. A stay for next spring break would cost about 100,000 points .