FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business MP Award Availability Issues for Singapore Air SQ
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:27 pm
squaks

Question Business MP Award Availability Issues for Singapore Air SQ

Hi everyone

First of all, I am wanting to thank everyone so far for answering my questions, and being so helpful. I have posted some questions in regard to booking award travel SYD-BKK AND BKK-SYD with Thai Air TG

Another option I hadn't considered is booking J awards SYD-SIN AND SIN-SYD. I was disappointed to find out that you can no longer book award flights with SQ online and that it can only be done over the phone now. I was wondering what the availability is like with SQ over the phone (Providing you book months in advance) and if it is any harder to score seats now that they have made the change? For example 2 x J seats booked 11 months out SYD -SIN AND SIN-SYD. Looking online I can easily get 2 x J or even 2x F seats SYD-BKK AND BKK-SYD 11 months out.

Does anyone know any tricks to getting around this change to maximise chances of obtaining seats? I wouldn't be travelling to SIN to April 2015, but want to book as soon as the system will allow me.

Thankyou in advance

Squaks