FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Blocking Expert Flyer and KVS Access to R and Elite Award Searches.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 7:29 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
If there are only six possible days you might travel on (3 in each direction), and you don't need to check more than once, then yes. I think that would apply to virtually no one but yourself.

The "+/- 3 days" feature doesn't display R availability, at all.
What I had done in the past was do a flex month search checking "mileage ugrade" and nonstop if needed. Then I would middle click (to open a new tab) every date. You can't click too fast because the UA site is too slow and will get confused. If there is no R for that day, There will be a message in bright red. So I quickly go through each tab. Searching something like SFO-SYD, I can go through 3 months someone quick because there is almost zero availability. If I search a route that has decent R availability, it's a little slower because once you get a hit, you have to scroll down and check to see if there is R availability on the entire route. Then you have to do the search on the return to see if there is availability for the intended duration of the trip.
This process takes me about 30min sometimes. I assume KVS does nearly exactly the same thing. Possibly less clicks (using less of UA resources).

I agree that this only needs to be done for vacationers. If you are travelling on business your dates are usually highly restricted

Last edited by eng3; Mar 29, 2014 at 7:46 am