FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manufactured Spend UK
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:37 am
flashware

Originally Posted by 21H21J
By that logic so would finding £10 on the street and using it to offset the fee on visa cards. If you could generate the spend x get y off vouchers on demand it'll be MS, but also counterfeiting.

SteveOh's definition is bang on.

Overpaying bills might work, but unless you can get the money refunded before the credit card bill is due means you have to carry the cost for a month (or more). I work for a large UK company that many people pay a monthly bill to, and one of our internal fraud triggers is multiple or large refunds, and large credit balances. Due to the nature of some of our products we have to comply with the FCA across the whole business- which includes "put policies and procedures in place to prevent and detect money laundering".
Actually, you're talking about a hypothetical situation - I'm referring to a real world one. Currently for a select few Tesco are printing spend x off y vouchers for every y spent - it's a revolving door at the moment. People are quite happily turning around, buying more cards, more vouchers are being spit out and repeating the process. I fail to see how this isn't MS.