FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:26 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could you have moved to another seat to eat peanuts? Someone earlier said that peanut allergies just result in DL setting up several rows as a peanut-free zone for the person.
When I flew LAS/DTW they made an announcement that there was someone with a severe peanut allergy on board and they wouldn't be serving any peanuts on the flight and asked that people not open any items they brought with them that contained peanuts.

If someone can't be around any peanut dust on an airplane then I wonder how they manage to go to any restaurant or any type of event since there will be peanuts in the venue. I also heard a similar announcement a long time ago on a southwest flight.

Wasn't a big deal for me since I got upgraded but not sure what someone would have done in coach if they brought a peanut butter sandwich for their kids for lunch and sometimes when I am on a long flight I don't think I will get upgraded on, I will bring a couple packs of cheese crackers with peanut butter in them to eat