FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Do 2014 - September 4th - September 7th
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:36 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Dubai Do 2014 - September 4th - September 7th

Following on from the last few posts here :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-2013-dxb.html

I've decided that we need a 2014 version of the Dubai Do, and as nobody else seemed to be stepping up, I'll give it a go. The only other Do I've helped organised was the Manchester Concorde Do last year - which was about 6 miles from my house. This will be 3500 miles away, so slightly more difficult!

Anyway, the usual form for the Dubai Do is Thursday drinks (and maybe dinner), a Friday Brunch, and then something else on Saturday. People then tend to head back home on the Sunday. Remember weekend is Friday/Saturday in Dubai.

At the previous 3 Dos, the Friday Brunch has been at Traiteur at the Park Hyatt. There have been murmurings that we should look at alternatives. Please specify if you have a preference. I'm a very 'Better the devil you know' sort of person, and I've always enjoyed Traiteur, so I'd vote to go for that again. However, I'll leave it up to the majority.

Depending on how many people are interested, I'll see if we can make a group booking at whichever brunch we choose.

As for Saturday, I was thinking of Bateaux Dubai. I've been on it before, and it's a very pleasant way to spend an evening. If we get enough people interested, we could charter it. Please let me know if you'd be interested, and I'll make some initial enquiries.

Please reply to this post as usual if you are interested. When I get motivated, I'll create a Wiki

Cheers