FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The United-Delta Grudge Match Escalates (Article Posted on fool.com)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:29 am
PLeblond
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by ConnFlyer
I'd take a 25 year old MD88 over a 10 year-old CRJ/ERJ. It's great UA has a younger mainline fleet than DL, but that doesn't do me a lot of good when I'm flying out of places like BNA, STL, BDL, etc where UA has almost no mainline whereas DL has many mainline flights.
Sorry. Couldn't disagree with you more. 25 year old, without a fleet replacement strategy in place. MD80s were bad when they were called DC9s and they haven't gotten better with age. There are airports the the MD88 is not allowed to fly in/out of because of noise restrictions. CRJ/ERJ board and exit faster allowing for easier connections.

Originally Posted by exwannabe
Even though the metal is old, the interior can be new. That is DL's game plan.

For a pax in coach, which is better, a 767 with a new interior or a 787 sardine can?
Thats the problem. Interiors are being upgraded but to 2005 standards. Flying to Hawaii in J/F on a 6-9 hour flight. No IFE, no lie flat, not even footrests in J/F!
Forget the Asian carriers, even AC has IFE throughout their fleet...even the CRJs. Most top airlines are re-renewing their interiors to a new, even higher standard while the Legacy carriers are fighting to catch up to yesterday's.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 27, 2014 at 6:50 am Reason: merge