FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:02 am
dropanchor

Smile Advise please on FF/Status points

My question/s only relate to gaining the most in points and status points.

I have for all my life mainly flown and have been a member with Qantas FF and I am also a Life member of the Qantas Club so I have never really had to come to terms with what faces me now.( I do also fly ANZ & SIA) but now I figure it is time for me to really put change and I hope some with far more experience than me can guide me a little please

I have decided to “jump” airlines alliances and therefore make Star Alliance my “preferred airlines”.

I am also a Gold Member with Air New Zealand and in a matter of weeks will be Gold Plus and that is where my problems begins as I am not really sure what to do even down to the basics of booking new flights ( as ANZ do not fly to all the places I need to go to) and I would appreciate any help and guidance

I have just registered with Virgin Australia in Velocity, I did this because I will be flying DELTA LAX-FLL return on first/business class and I can gain points with Virgin.

I am also about to book Business class flight MEL-SYD return with Virgin Australia and so my question is..
As I am very much elevated in the ANZ program albeit I will also be gold plus with them in the Star Alliance program
Do I book this using my Air New Zealand number ( always)or my new Virgin number?

When I book ANY flight do I continue to use ANZ as my base membership or do I use, say Virgin and I can “double dip” by using one and getting the points also on the other.
thanks in advance