FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Program suggestion? 50+ nights in 3 months
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:41 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Boogie711
This is good intel... I'm looking at 5 stays of approximately 10 nights each, by the way.

Thanks ScubaCCR (although I'm more of an open-circuit guy myself. )

I guess it still begs the question - is IHG the right program for me or should I focus on one of the other chains? Off to do yet more research...
Don't forget, it is not just a question of ease of earning hotel chain points, it is the ratio of points earning to points redeeming too. I would say IHG is better thab Hilton right now, but i don't really participate much out side of IHG/Hilton loyaltyschemes.

If your stays go out like 5x 10night stays, in Cairo i would buy Ambassador for $200, optionally buy RA referral on ebay ($800) and then register for Ambassador Accelerator Promo bonus equivalent to 1333points/night which pays out 20k points every.

By registering as Ambassador before staying , IC stays will then couint towards RA status earning/renewal, although you will need to stay in 3 different IC's to qualify. You can try both Cairo IC's, so in effect just one night at a third IC would be needed.

To qualify/renew as RA you currently need (although it is unpublished and secret) 60+ at IHG brands, too include 30nights at IC's, 3 different IC's.

With 50nights as RA you'd get the money spent (on Ambassadr/RA ) back on free mini-bar usage, let alone only RA status earns suite upgrades, and often free club lounge access with breakfast, evening food items, alcohol in lounge.

If you are staying post July as RA and my contacts are correct, then as RA you'd also earn 20pts/$ too at an IC, but 15pts/$ at the HI if Platinum though with no IHG status you earn 10pts/$, hence you need status match to IHG platinum before you stay.