FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:07 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kebosabi
A bag of chips, Grandma's cookie, and a bottle of soda costs $4.08 at my nearest gas station on my way home that I buy every week as a snack for my drive home. Sounds small, but $4.08 x 52 weeks = $212.16, or 212 miles more per year closer to my dream vacation (which I've done many times so far) when I buy it with my CitiAAdvantage card. Pay everything that you need to spend money on anyway (i.e. utilities, cell phone, internet, groceries, gas, etc. etc.) it all adds up!

Alas, most people do not think that way. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that we're the weirdos.
The same card every time? That's only 1 mile per dollar!

I would rather earn something like 16,67 miles per dollar (ie, about 3500 total instead of 212), which is what you get if you churn the Citi AA business card and use for everything while you're doing the $3000 spend to get the 50k bonus.

But it seems most people don't who collect miles don't even think this way. Sometimes we churners have to remind ourselves that even among FTers we may be weirdos.

(And, btw, I'm not an AORer, nor really an MSer. I just churn to the degree that I can meet the spend "naturally". I have figured out how to MS as "backup" in case I can't meet the spend "naturally" someday, but haven't had to actually use it yet. And to me, it's AORers and people who MS category cards instead of signup offers who seem like the weirdos! )