FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I required to catch my connection (flight)??
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:51 pm
yuyak

Originally Posted by Leopold
Lie to induce AA to contract with you for a certain itinerary at a cheaper price, intentionally break the contract, then hope you don't get caught. Good summary?
Well, I haven't booked anything yet. Until just yesterday I didn't know this was a "thing" and wasn't sure what the law/rules were. Now that I know what it's called I intend to take a closer look at what the airline T&C says exactly rather than take the word of someone online and figure out all the ramifications... just gathering info at this point.

Thanks again to everyone who's commented on this!

I guess what I still don't understand is why it's so much cheaper. On that return leg, the 2nd airport (SFO) and the 4th/final airport (SJC) is only 30 min apart BY CAR. Why are they willing to knock off $150 if I take 2 extra legs + 5hrs flying/waiting at the airports? It's not like I was looking for special loopholes - it just came up on a regular search for a roundtrip flight between SFO <>KOA, allowing for nearby airports.

Last edited by yuyak; Mar 26, 2014 at 9:42 pm