FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Mar 26, 2014, 5:41 pm
a2k

This thread is exactly what I need! I'm looking for some help finding a new home airline and FFP. Starting this summer, my family is relocating to Tokyo for my wife's work (2 adults + 2 toddlers). I'll be flying regularly between Tokyo (NRT) and Seattle (SEA) - probably 6 to 8 round trips a year. I'm hoping to find a good program for the back and forth flights to 1) get out of coach if possible and 2) earn some award travel to explore Japan and Asia.

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Reply: Access to upgrades on direct NRT->SEA flights is my #1 priority, then good award redemptions/partners for travel in Japan and around Asia is #2 priority.

Ideally, I'd also like to find a FFP that does some sort of status challenge or some other way to get status quickly so I can up my status quickly.

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
Reply: >50k miles all on coach fares, <25 flights

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy ?
Reply: cheapest

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
Reply: airlines: yes, class of service: no (see #3!). Traveling for work.

(5) Which routes do you fly most often
Reply: Transpacific, in Asia

(6) What is your home airport?
Reply: NRT

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in an airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
Reply: No current status, miles banked on UA and AA

(8) Preferred Airlines
Reply: Lately it's been Southwest, but that's not going to help me now!

I'm looking forward to some suggestions. Thanks in advance!