FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:11 pm
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by othermike27
...we have to remember to use our ATM cards to draw cash every couple months so our bank doesn't shut them down for lack of use. (Which they did once.)
They do that? That's news to me!

Originally Posted by othermike27
We have migrated from using cash for all small purchases to using credit cards wherever we can
I think the problem is that a vast majority do not associate credit cards with potential rewards, and that in case like FTers, how we think that even small purchases add up to lot of miles or rewards points in the long run.

A bag of chips, Grandma's cookie, and a bottle of soda costs $4.08 at my nearest gas station on my way home that I buy every week as a snack for my drive home. Sounds small, but $4.08 x 52 weeks = $212.16, or 212 miles more per year closer to my dream vacation (which I've done many times so far) when I buy it with my CitiAAdvantage card. Pay everything that you need to spend money on anyway (i.e. utilities, cell phone, internet, groceries, gas, etc. etc.) it all adds up!

Alas, most people do not think that way. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that we're the weirdos.

Last edited by kebosabi; Mar 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm