FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:35 pm
babehwa

To reply your question simply & quickly, you can use the same email as BB's, but not the same phone at registration. You just have to use a different number first. Then, if you wish to change it back to the same number, you can do it later after you receive the email from Serve to verify your account.

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Had a question for those that switched from BB to Serve. I am reading the Zeromile instructions on how to switch from BB to Serve and I am a bit confused as to what your email and phone number should be on your BB account when you are planning to do the transfer.

I was reading in the thread that folks who had for example the following email and phone number info ([email protected] and (111) 111-1111) registered on BB were having trouble using the same email and phone number info ([email protected] and (111) 111-1111) to register for Serve. One of the posters in this thread suggested that before you call in you should change your email and phone number info on BB to something else ([email protected] and (222) 222-2222) so that when you want to cancel and sign up for Serve and register online you won't run into email and phone number registration issues. However when I read Zeromile's instructions in the wiki it says when you cancel BB and sign up with Serve to use the same exact email and phone number. So I am a bit confused.

Based on my sample info above, I want to use ([email protected] and (111) 111-1111) as my Serve registration info but my BB account currently has ([email protected] and (222) 222-2222) info linked since I figured I would get ahead of the situation and changed the BB info now. I don't plan to open up Serve until April but I would like to know what is the proper steps in order to close BB and what BB info I should have on my account upon cancellation so that I can open up Serve with my desired Serve registration info.