FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon Payments.
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:29 pm
tgienger

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Had a question for those that switched from BB to Serve. I am reading the Zeromile instructions on how to switch from BB to Serve and I am a bit confused as to what your email and phone number should be on your BB account when you are planning to do the transfer.

I was reading in the thread that folks who had for example the following email and phone number info ([email protected] and (111) 111-1111) registered on BB were having trouble using the same email and phone number info ([email protected] and (111) 111-1111) to register for Serve. One of the posters in this thread suggested that before you call in you should change your email and phone number info on BB to something else ([email protected] and (222) 222-2222) so that when you want to cancel and sign up for Serve and register online you won't run into email and phone number registration issues. However when I read Zeromile's instructions in the wiki it says when you cancel BB and sign up with Serve to use the same exact email and phone number. So I am a bit confused.

Based on my sample info above, I want to use ([email protected] and (111) 111-1111) as my Serve registration info but my BB account currently has ([email protected] and (222) 222-2222) info linked since I figured I would get ahead of the situation and changed the BB info now. I don't plan to open up Serve until April but I would like to know what is the proper steps in order to close BB and what BB info I should have on my account upon cancellation so that I can open up Serve with my desired Serve registration info.
FWIW - I used the exact same email addy and phone number for Serve that I had for BB. Does seem like I had to select 'home' for the type of phone number on Serve application, instead of 'mobile', to get it to go thru. Once I was logged in, I went into the settings and switched it from home to mobile without issues.