FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:16 pm
WestSideBilly

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
10 seconds per tag X 100 bags would be over 16 minutes. Even only 50 bags would be over 8 minutes. If AS can get the bags out in SEA in 20 minutes and DL takes 40, it is logical to assume that it is taking some extra time to put all those tags on the bags.
... not really. Certainly not 16 minutes of delay.

Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
Just like you get your bags off of a conveyor belt they are placed on one down in the handling area. I couple of well trained monkeys sitting at the end of the belt before it goes to the carousel could attach the tags as the bags go by. total time lost in the transaction from moving bags from the baggage train to the belt to the carousel is ZERO seconds.

Some people need to work on critical thinking. The act of tagging the bags does not in any way affect the delivery of the bags. That said the speed of the less motivated ramp rats could easily explain the lost time. Place blame where it lies.
@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)

Originally Posted by Frogbone
Arrived in SEA this afternoon. Got in at the B gates (first time ever, as I always have arrived at the S gates before on my last 10+ flights to SEA)

Total time from aircraft door open to start of bag delivery at the carousel : 17 minutes

Number of Amex advertisement tags on my bag : 0

Estimated Kettle bags spit out before the first Priority bag: too many to count

Not terribly surprised the B gate arrival was faster for bag delivery.

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Well said.

What bothers me most about this is the DL marketing mindset that this is ok, and doesn't see anything wrong with this.
I wonder if DL/Amex ran a couple tests of this and is waiting to see how riled up the FT crowd gets... Of course, we're obviously not the target demographic for this type of advertising anyway, but someone has to be the guinea pig.