FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:48 am
benzemalyonnais

Programs: SQ
I've recently started checking my bags through if I have a flight to ATL or when I really don't want to get on the plane and sit there for 45 minutes before taking off. I've been doing this when in F too, because there's no real reason to board first just to have a drink.

I really enjoy watching the gate lice stand up for 20 minutes before boarding waiting in the SP lane. I also enjoy knowing that they sat for 45 minutes in an uncomfortable seat while I didn't.

Last time I boarded early I had to sit next to a guy who reeked of stale smoke in F (I don't mind smokers nor the smell of fresh smoke). Plus it was a morning flight so I didn't fancy a drink.

If I boarded late and there was no space in the OHB's, I'd simply ask the FA's to gate check my bag. I don't see the fuss over not checking a bag. It's 20 minutes of your time (max), and at ATL the bags usually arrive at the same time it takes to get to the baggage claim area.