FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:34 am
Frogbone

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
That doesn't bother me either. I just crumple them up and throw them away. I like the previous suggestion to remove them from bags and throw them on the baggage claim floor. If they start to create a lot of litter perhaps Delta would be forced to stop.
I don't like anyone screwing around with my vehicle. They don't own it and they don't care. They lean on the car and possibly scratch your paint with their pant rivets or jacket zipper or who knows what.

It's my property YOU stay away from it. Unless I ask you to do so.

With the bag all I want Delta to do is transport it with me to my destination. That's it. It's'my bag and I have to trust that you take care of it during the transportation.

Now I understand that there really isn't an additional wear and tear on my bag by tagging an Amex thing to it but nevertheless, it is MY property and unless I authorize you I don't want you to put anything on it or do anything to it.
When I check the bag I authorize you to put a bag tag on it as it is required to deliver my bag to the destination. That's where it ends.
We have no contract that allows you to use my property for advertisement purposes, however minute they are. It offends me that you (Delta) think you can just go ahead and do that. Especially since the other way around you would NEVER cut me any slack.....

Point is, the tag itself is not the issue. The issue is Delta's brazen attempt to profit from me without my consent.