FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Delta, my bag is NOT for free advertising - SEA
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:18 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bjohnsonmn
Wow, a lot of interesting replies, and not all that I agree with, but that's OK.

A few follow up items:

Yes, the LONG wait for bags at KSEA is ridiculous! But, somewhat expected as Delta climbs higher on an inverted ladder.

The tag is posted on a previous post in this thread for that guy who was insistent on seeing the offending tag.

Is it a big deal all on its own? That's open for debate. It is annoying, and not appreciated, but just annoying. I fall on the "not cool man" side as it was tagged on my personal bag, has a bar-code (baggage system confusion? Maybe, maybe not). I don't want anything other than the checked bag tag and the little yellow and black bar that says I shouldn't be waiting too long for my bag.

For those who say it's just DYKWIA complaining, and I'm bitter about not getting a "free upgrade". Let's be very clear, there is NO free lunch. I pay with selecting flights on Delta vs. AK to get the upgrade. I invest time and money in choosing DAL, even though it is not always the cheapest or most convenient. So yeah, I'm going to complain. You are on a Flyer talk board... IT'S 96% of the POSTS!!! Get over it yourself!

The real lesson here is that Delta continues to piss off passengers of all spend levels. With AA/US combining into a service blackhole for at least 3 years as they merge the two airlines, and UA still run by Jeffy, what incentive do they have to turn it around? NONE.

I'm a DM, 155,000 MQM's last year, (All domestic hard miles), tickets typically purchased only 2 weeks in advance ($$), AMEX Reserve, and a part of every partner program they have... I'm putting money in the pot so to speak.

And after having sent in emails, facebook posts, Twitter messages, and every other method the DM desk says they listen too, I only get copy-paste or slightly modified stock corporate message responses. I'm done with it. If UA offers a DM match, I'm taking it. Even if it means I'm rolling back in a few areas, I am entirely sick of the path that Mr. Anderson and his crew have this airline on, and the only way to get it noticed is to vote with my wallet. I encourage all of those who care about competition to do the same, and be very clear about the intent of your actions!
What airline is AK again?