FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:46 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by mmff
That is my understanding of the statement, too.
Offer me a free change? No chance, even though the wording comes across as such. Here's what has happened: the LAX-SFO timings on an award tkt (DUS-ZRH-LAX-SFO) have changed in both directions by about 30 minutes to an hour. I have made the LAX-SFO segment one day after the DUS-ZRH-LAX trip, with a night at Los Angeles.

So I hoped to effect the following changes: DUS-ZRH departure one day earlier (layover in ZRH), keep the ZRH-LAX as planned, and now make the LAX-SFO immediately after the ZRH-LAX flight, not the following day. Impossible, said the agent, because the main long haul flight is not affected they can't do any changes. Certainly not for free.

Ok, I don't expect anything else from this programme, really, least of all the flexibility to be able to change something. So what about a paid change, to do the above, the DUS-ZRH the day before, then the ZRH-LAX-SFO all the way through (no stopovers)? Impossible, not allowed because of married segments and I would have to change the long haul segment too. Is it just me, or is this programme so crap it's unbelievable? Or should I try the Diamond Club trick of calling back until I get an amenable and competent agent? Can you really not make date and time changes, even by paying 50 Euros or whatever?

Last edited by Concerto; Mar 25, 2014 at 11:50 am Reason: edited for clarity