FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:35 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have had no stays in a couple years and noticed a couple weeks ago I am platinum but didn't bother status matching again since I have no stays planned.

I received a postcard within the past couple days offering me to allow me to keep my diamond status if I compelted 2 stays in something like 60 days.

Someone in myt office is going to Spain and staying at a couple best weswterns and decided she'd like to have the diamond status. She did a match to her Hilton diamond and they asked her for a statement of her activity with Hilton, they have never done that with me before.

I wonder if they are finally realizing how easy Hilton gold and diamond status is to get and want to make sure people are actually staying with them.

She stays at Hiltons a lot and received the upgraded status within two days of faxing over her account activity with Hilton