FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Mosaic Challenge + status match
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:21 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
...and even complimentary space- available mint upgrades,
You know that none of the others offer this to their comparable elites, right??
Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
can anyone confirm this claim that the status match is a fraud? I've seen it reported as legit in many different places
It is absolutely not a fraud. I've communicated personally with JetBlue's Director of Loyalty and she confirmed that it is real.
Originally Posted by BlaiseBOS
I think that saying it's a "fraud" is too much, but the match (for which I don't qualify this year, anyhow) and the challenge eligibility is opaque. First apply. Then JetBlue decides if they will accept you for a challenge. This is a way for JetBlue to control the supply of Mosaic status, but since Mosaic offers so few ongoing tangible flight-experience benefits besides earlier boarding (e.g., no pgrades to EMS if available at check-in, etc.) I don't get why the throttle on the challenge is established where it is.
They're not limiting access to control the numbers. They don't care if every customer is working towards the challenge. The process of making it happen appears to be somewhat manual, hence the need for some time on the back-end to make it work, but they're not prohibiting people from signing up for the challenge.
Originally Posted by BlaiseBOS
B6 is rationing the Mosaic status
No, they are not.

Originally Posted by Kelly Roe
I also like that we don’t leave Customers without status in the dark – absolutely anyone can sign up for the challenge and still qualify, even if they don’t automatically get the match.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 24, 2014 at 8:26 am