FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:46 pm
KennyBSAT

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by FTRox87
Got a Q, reading the wiki which states these cards are churnable and dont necessarily need to be cancelled. However, is there a limit to how many different types of Citi AA cards/products you can have at any given time? Personal card limit? Biz card limit?

Applied and got approved for the CitiAA Platinum Visa and CitiAA Select AmEx on the same day back in Nov '12. Applied and got instant approval for the CitiAA Exec MC 3 wks ago.
Total Citi Cards currently, all personal: 3

Cards I dont have: CitiAA Plat MC, CitiAA Plat Amex, CitiBizAA Visa, CitiBizAA MC, CitiBizAA World MC (any other CitiBizAA products?)
Or the lesser cards: CitiAA AmEx, CitiAA Gold Visa, CitiAA Gold MC (any other CitiAA cards in the family?)
Cards I'm thinking about applying for: 5+3 = 8

So following the time limits between apps as outlined in the wiki, can I apply for all 8 of these and have maybe 10-11 open at the same time, after redistributing CL ofcourse? Can I reapply for the ones I already have again and have multiples of the same exact product at the same time? (I know I can cancel and reapply after a certain amount of time, not sure how long in each specific case.)

Would appreciate some insights and help in figuring this out. Hopefully it makes sense and I'm going down the right path.
With business cards, YMMV. You can get one but most people have to close the card account and the master account for that business account before getting another.

There is no limit (or a very high limit) to how many personal cards you can have. I recently had 6 open, others have had more than that.

When Citi opened up the rules for churning last summer, ALL personal cards could be churned. Many of us got 3 or more of the identical card before the rules changed in August. Since Citi changed the rules in August, ANY Gold, Platinum or Select level card approval resets the 12-26 month clock for the next Gold, Platinum or Select card, except for snail mail targeted offers. Hence the wiki language 'Note: You cannot circumvent this rule by applying for a card type different from your previous Citi AA card. If your last personal AA card was a Visa, the waiting period for your next personal AA card will be the same regardless of whether you apply for a Visa, MC, or Amex.'

Your best bet is to churn the Executive card, or go for a business card.