FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: 747 B/E seat reduction
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:19 pm
bennos

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by rylan
Trying to sell it as "Euro-Business" isn't going to get any real increase over a standard EC seat. Having the middle seat open doesn't do anything to resolve the overall cramped feeling. They also don't use the 747 for high density/beach markets... there are smaller config planes for that which already have les BE seats (767 subfleet)
I agree that selling Euro-Business explicitly isn't going to happen, but having the middle seat open is huge IMO... to the point where I'm now contemplating buying the seat next to me as the best option for TCON flights between cheapo Y and astronomic J. People who want this can buy it today, no need for DL to come up with a micro-cabin of blocked middles.

Not sure why so many folks are having a hard time with 60Y on the upper deck... AF has done this with 34" pitch and standard seats... it's fine, like flying on a B737 or A320. OHB space is less of an issue on int'l since many people check bags, and you get extra storage at the windows.