FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:35 am
erwiol

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by sohb
I highly doubt this is the reality, as current rules allow for any base points earned counts towards status, and since EBD haven´t even been introduced yet I don´t understand why they would even decline it to you in advance.
Well, again, I'm just stating what I know. You might find it hard to understand and I might agree with you - but still - I'm just reporting on the facts.

I received information in the mail as I believe everyone else have. I know several people who have received their confirmation as EBD from April and my letter stated that I would stay EBG. The program, benefits, qualification rules and everything was introduced several weeks back so I don't find this strange. (However, "the New Eurobonus" is not actually "active" before April.)

The information brochure that followed along with the info letter stated with very small letters in the bottom that 100k points was SK and Widerøe only.

I do agree that the SAS web site is ambigous when saying "et nytt medlemsnivå for deg som reiser minst 50 t/r-reiser med SAS og Widerøe eller opptjener 100 000 Grunnpoeng i løpet av et år. " I agree this gives the impression it's 50 return trips with SAS/Widerøe -OR- 100.000 K EB points (no matter carrier).

My guess is that there is confusion even inside Eurobonus about this - but the fact that I can confirm both more than 100K points the last 12 months and my last qualification period suggests that what is actually entered into the computer as qualification rules is 100 r/t -or- 100K points on SK metal.

Edit: An admin should probably split this thread as it's moving way off topic Sorry about that.