FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: 747 B/E seat reduction
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:36 pm
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by matthew64832
IMO DL J (specifically the new BE lie-flat seats) doesn't seem that far off from some of the lower end F products, at least in terms of hard product. Certainly they are towards the top of the heap when it comes to J. If it's the service you are after DL is probably not your best choice.
If you are talking about BE on the 767s where your feet are crammed in a hole, I beg to differ. That "space sharing" with the person in front of you is my definition of mid tier business class.

edited to add:
And low tier business class is something like UA where it's sliver thin or angle flat. I think upper tier J, at least to me, is something like SQ J or the reverse herringbone that AA and CX are using. I hesitate to compare it to F, particularly F that is a straight 7 foot space w no space sharing w seat in front or behind.

That all said, I wouldn't really compare DL 767 BE w/ AA F. Indeed on my last trip I didn't even think it compared favorably with AA J. I had a choice of DL 767 w one stop in ATL or AA 77W w one stop in DFW, nearly identical airfare, nearly identical flight times. DL wasn't ever really in the running to win that one ;-)

Last edited by stephem; Mar 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm