FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier Launches Service from TTN to 3 New Airports
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:13 pm
rtalk25

Originally Posted by davywavy
"Annoys"?

Low frequency is an essential element of the restructure at Frontier (and the success at TTN) and that low frequency plays against connections - they may work in one direction but not necessarily the return. I's very early days at CLE and Frontier does not fly CLE-SFO or LAX or LAS and both PHX and SEA are seasonal. The airline does offer a TTN-CLE-DEN on some days, with a 40 minute layover, but the return is a 5 hour layover.

Frontier is not about frequency - nor road warriors - and to structure the airline for those connections plays exactly against what has turned its fortunes around.

Connection possibilities at CLE may come as - and if - the airline grows there, but the last thing they want is a replay of what happened at MKE.
I meant through flights or direct flights where pax stays on the same aircraft for the entire trip. No connections or change planes involved for pax.

On the comment of MKE, I think CLE may have some advantages over MKE, given that the local market is larger (CLE is the 15th largest CSA, while MKE is the 29th) and CLE is closer to the east coast airports (in more populated areas) that can feed better into CLE in general.

One thing that might get complicated is seating. Let's say near full planes, and if TTN-CLE has only one Stretch seat left, let's say 3A, but CLE-PHX has only 3E, the pax would have to select a different seat for each leg possibly. But the website or agent could be able to accommodate and help the pax out. Atleast from my experiences with Spirit, I haven't had an issue, although Spirit charges the Big Front Seat per leg.

How does Frontier handle such situations out in DEN? Suppose one leg has the Stretch sold out, but there are seats in the back of the plane. Is Classic/Classic Plus not sold for the entire segment? Since refundable fares are tied to Classic Plus which is involves the Stretch seat, are refundable fares also unavailable?

Last edited by rtalk25; Mar 21, 2014 at 6:23 pm