FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: 747 B/E seat reduction
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:05 pm
matthew64832

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
When you can get a real first class product for the same price as Delta's BE, they have a problem. I just did a random dates in October search for flights JFK-LHR and Delta BE was the same price as AA First. AA Biz was $2k less than Delta.

BusinessElite still can't compete with true international first but it remains a very expensive product. If I were going to purchase an international premium product, I would certainly be looking to see if I could real first class before buying BE on Delta.

They have a great product, but it's not priced right.
I don't really see AAs F as that much of a step up from AA J: slightly bigger TV and seat, same layout. Maybe the service is better, but is it that much better? AA even fails on their own website to really show any major differences between the two. Certainly nothing like SQ or EK F.

IMO DL J (specifically the new BE lie-flat seats) doesn't seem that far off from some of the lower end F products, at least in terms of hard product. Certainly they are towards the top of the heap when it comes to J. If it's the service you are after DL is probably not your best choice.