FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with itinerary traveling through Germany
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:41 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I have to agree with this comment about traffic during the high season, especially near the Bodensee. Wait until you drive along the B31 between Lindau and Meersburg - stop & go traffic. Also, probably, will have problems with traffic near Füssen, not to mention parking.

Agree 100% about Hotel Müller. A really nice hotel and a great strategic location for visiting the castles.
Hi FLYMSI,
I am happy you enjoyed your stay at Muller's. We stay there every summer for a week or week and a half. I have been staying there so many years now the staff call me by my first name. It is like going back to family. I get hugged and almost knocked off my feet when we arrive. I always tell them this place is my heaven on earth! The hotel has been in the Muller family for over 100 years now.
We REALLY enjoy it when the tourists head out for the day. We like to walk up the hill to the bridge after 5pm and view the castle til our hearts content. We also wander to the lake and enjoy the peace and magic. Some days we drive to Oberammergau and Ettal while the hourdes are at the castles as these 2 spots are favorites of ours also. We also like to wander in Fussen and have a drink in the pedestrian of town. If you go back to Hohenschwangau have dinner 1 night at Hotel Post which is in Schwangau. Fabulous food and the staff there is wonderful also.
Maria