FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with itinerary traveling through Germany
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:39 am
FLYMSY

Originally Posted by forgiveomatic
You will be hitting some of the cities when summer holidays begin. Your driving plan may be very ambitious when you are sharing the road with thousands of others heading to their vacation as well. We have gotten delayed due to not looking into that before we headed out. Different states start summer break at different times.
I have to agree with this comment about traffic during the high season, especially near the Bodensee. Wait until you drive along the B31 between Lindau and Meersburg - stop & go traffic. Also, probably, will have problems with traffic near Füssen, not to mention parking.

Originally Posted by mav
Hello Mike ,
I just saw your thread. We go to Bavaria every summer. I can honestly say bavaria has a magical feel to it! IMHO I would cut a few days in Munich and be sure to see Oberammergau and Ettal. We also spend a week in Hohenschwangau { I know this is a bit long for most people}. but I STRONGLY suggest when you go to Fussen, spend the night in at Cafe Hotel Muller IN Hohenschwangau, rather then in Fussen. . You can read the reviews on tripadvisor. At Hotel Muller you will be right at the Castle Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castle. I always tell the staff at Hotel Muller that this is my paradise on earth. I think your girls would love it and this lovely spot!
Agree 100% about Hotel Müller. A really nice hotel and a great strategic location for visiting the castles.