FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: LUS: US Companion Certificates [use by 31 Dec 2015]
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:02 pm
beltim

Originally Posted by tag1084
Interesting note I wanted to point out. I could be wrong but I didn't see this posted anywhere.

I want to use my companion pass for July travel. The problem is my current companion pass I got on my last anniversary (may 2013) has to be used for travel by 4/30. I was expecting I would have to wait 4-6 weeks after my mid-may anniversary date until my new companion cert arrives in the mail. Meaning I could only book my flight a couple weeks in advance, which given the time of year I would prefer not to do since flights are filling up.

To my amazement I called Barclays and they are re-issuing me a new companion pass so I can book it when it arrives in the mail (in 2-4 weeks). They said when my "regular" cert comes around my anniversary date that it would be "inactive" and not to use it. I'm the first person to bash these companies for not being flexible but I was shocked they actually accomodated this. My guess is they let me do it because I haven't used the "old" cert from may 2013 anniersary yet and won't be doubling up, but nonetheless this was an unexpected perk. Has anyone else heard of them doing this for people?
I specifically asked them to do this and they wouldn't. Looks like you lucked out on the customer service rep you got!