FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX722 28 March a little tale
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:35 pm
avm2806

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
After the ordeal, hats off the OP for acknowledging the positive as far as CC was concerned. I agree though that in the event of irrops CX cabin crew really go above and beyond usually to take care of their passengers.

I was stuck on a simple ATC delay at PVG (the normal, sit for one hour after the door is closed drill) and CX ISM turned on the IFE, took this time to meet and greet every J passenger (not just DM's OWE's). Snacks and beverages did multiple rounds in J and I know they did two beverage rounds in Y as well (I saw this when I got up to stretch my legs).

I contrast on a 3 hour ground delay at JFK on BA, I had to plead with the CSD to turn on the IFE till we were cleared for take off as I was getting bored out of my wits. He initially refused, but after the call bells across cabins started going off like chimes on a windy day, he decided it would make his and other CC's life easier and made an announcement, that as a special case they would be turning on the IFE but would have to turn it off before take off (This is pre gate-to-gate IFE that is now available on BA).