FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:29 am
JJonahJ

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by shakezula
This is just my personal opinion, but I think the reason my husband and I were successful with our churns was because we did the 50k and then 30k. People that have tried 50k twice have been declined for the card, AFAIK.
Shake, did you first apply with a 50K promo link, and then on the churn you used a 30K link? Or did you apply for the cards over the phone, for both you and hubby?

In my case, I applied for the 30K online back in Aug 2012, but when they sent me the 50K email a month after I applied (in Sept 2012) I called and asked them to upgrade my promo points to the 50K offering, and they complied. So, now I'm wondering...when I speak with Chase, do I negotiate on the basis that I signed up with the 50K promo, and now I want the 30K promo? Or does my original 30K promo signup, and morphing into the 50K offer, nullify me on both counts?

=====

BTW, I still get the 30K offers, and my wife gets the 50K offers, though we have both cancelled our cards. Her latest 50K March email is almost the same as the previous one (see Jeff's signup link, expires April 15, 2014), but has a little bit longer expiry date of Apr 30th. The email format does look a little different now compared to previous months mailings, but I believe it's still all the same offerings (50K, $0 FYF, No ForEx Fees, 1-nite Cat4 E-Cert, etc, etc).

Unfortunately, the signup links don't confirm that you are signing up for the 50K offer. Anyone interested in seeing the original emails, shoot me a PM and I can scrub the original email from Chase and forward it. Otherwise, take a leap of faith and trust that Jeff's link (identical to the one my wife got in the Feb email) is eligible for the 50K...or call Chase and mention code X2CW.

One of my NOFs reported that when he called Chase, they asked if he got the email offer, and he said no, so they didn't offer him the signup promos. But, since the 30K/50K email offers come from Marriott, I don't think Chase can tell if you really got the email offer or not, so you can tell Chase you did receive one in your inbox.