FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aLoft Frisco, Texas [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:33 am
chrisdeaner

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Some dudes from SoCal would call San Francisco as Frisco.
Originally Posted by couscous
San Fran is ok but Frisco ????
Both of these will get you labled as a tourist pretty quickly. It's either "San Francisco" or "the city"

FYI - not sure if OP can do it but would be nice to get the thread title changed to include the full location (Frisco, TX) to avoid confusion and make it the "official" thread.

I've been staying here the past few weeks due to it's ideal location across the street from my client. Pretty standard aloft, no really frills beyond what one would expect at another aloft property except that the staff are very pleasant and ready to assist with any requests. Additionally the sales manager reached out to me to see if I was with a project and offered to create us a project rate so if you'll be staying here over an extended period of time, definitely reach out to them to see what they can do for you!

Also, the fans in the room will automatically turn off (unlike other properties where setting it to "low" or "high" keeps it running constantly). They do have box fans available if you're like me and like having one to fall asleep to. Just ask the front desk.