FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Little Red/VS status matching BA on flights?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:12 am
layz
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I asked directly for a Gold > Gold status match, was told I had to have an Upper revenue flight currently booked. Pondered purchasing a fully flex but wasn't worth it, if little Red were to be based out of T3 though...
As well as the fact T3 has no domestic capability I think VS are happy that Little Red operate out of T1 (soon to be T2) so they don't have to give their golds flying domestic (or UC pax arriving and connecting to domestic) Clubhouse access.

BA status pax (particularly gold and above) are lucky that we have access to such good lounges for domestic flights. VS only have one lounge in T3 and it's a good one, some prefer it to the Concorde room and it's certainly miles ahead of other business class lounges. So I can't see VS want people on cheap domestics using it, they'd likely make a loss on most domestic passengers using it. They could have a separate domestic lounge in T3, but as you've seen with the bmi/BA setup in T1 that's not popular. As domestics are in a separate terminal they can easily use a contract lounge and say 'we'd love to give you Clubhouse access, but it's just not possible'.