FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Radisson Blu Dublin Airport
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:23 pm
DrTom

Staying here tonight as a Gold and not a great experience so far, but I suspect mainly due to communication issues.

No recognition of status when I checked in or a room upgrade.

I asked politely about the breakfast for Gold members mentioned in this thread (and several other threads), mainly to see if my status was recorded. I appreciate that this isn't a published gold benefit. The response was that I wasn't a gold member.

Showed my Gold card and was still told this wasn't on the system, so also logged into the website on my phone to show my status there. At this point, the guy who checked me said that he knew I was Gold, but breakfast was only a benefit for Concierge. Not really an issue, but left me feeling a bit silly for asking.

The room itself is the same level I booked, but refurbished since last time I stayed here (an LCD TV instead of a CRT TV). No mention of a room upgrade when I checked in and no mention of a welcome gift, but just had a knock on the door and a fruit platter has been delivered. Very welcome, but a warning would have been nice.

I suspect your mileage may vary depending who checks you in.