FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Triple Points Promotion - Feb 1 through April 15, 2014 - registration required
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:49 pm
gloobnib

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I did this last night and was able to get an immediate corrected posting to my account by the Gold Plus desk. I had two two-day rentals of >48 hours.
Just called and was told that the official Hertz position was "Minimum of 48 hours keep". I pointed out my receipts all say "2 days" and was told that what was charged and the promo terms are separate issues. I quoted promo terms of "Minimum 2 day rental" says nothing about 48 hours, and again, my receipts say "2 days" of rental. She wasn't budging; she also said that Hertz is going to issue a statement to clarify terms going forward.

Hang up, call back, got a nice lady who was able to credit me points for the last of the 3 missing rentals. Apparently I made the first 2 reservations in late January before I had registered for the promo. She quoted exact dates that I made the reservations that sounded plausible, so I couldn't dispute it further. I can accept that (even though I think it is stupid to make me cancel and re-create reservations).

Will be interesting to see if they give me credit for the car I have right now that I will have kept for 45 hours when I turn it in tomorrow.

Anyway - Moral: hang up, call back.

Gloob