FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E Fares....What a Joke!!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:03 pm
bubbashow

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ATL787
Just got a taste of my first experience booking an E Fare. What a joke.

Yes, I searched, and saw another newly started thread that was locked and told to follow this topic in the longer "E...finally answered??" thread (which jumps from July 2013 to the present day in a matter of 2 posts).

In my laziness, I didn't notice the "seat assigned at check-in" rule (elites, included) attached to this discounted fare. Fine, I thought, I guess I can just call and ask a Medallion desk agent for a seat assignment.

Nada, absolutley refused to give me a seat assignment. Instead, was offered to send me over to the help desk to see if they could rebook me at the cheapest available Economy fare with seat assignment capabilities (only a $72 upcharge per ticket). Told her it is hardly worth it, and tried not to laugh.

I guess I should have expected this response given all of the improvements that DL has made over the last 12 months.

Happy Booking!

Interested to hear other's experience booking these fares, whether intentional or accidental.
So...you bought a fare with clear restrictions, didn't want those restrictions, were offered the chance to re-fare with NO penalty, but that isn't good enough? I really fail to see the problem.