FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - go! to Cease Service April 1, 2014 in Hawaii
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:57 pm
azj

Originally Posted by iahphx
I never flew go!, usually choosing to simply redeem ff miles to fly HA. I would always check go!'s fares, though, and then conclude I might as well just redeem on HA.

But this strikes me as another miserable development in Hawaiian interisland service. Prices are really, really high now. Like last month, when I checked the prices before redeeming points, the ow fare was over $100. That's a lot for a half-hour flight booked well in advance.

I guess if I were a local, I'd just keep getting credit card sign-up bonuses (AA's probably the best now) and keep redeeming at 5K a segment. But that's not something most locals are likely to do.

Sure wish they didn't kill the high-speed ferry. I assume that's dead for good? Hawaii desperately needs a transportation alternative.
Since it seems to be a fun past time for locals to complain about "over priced" inter-island fares and HAL's monopoly that actually doesn't exist. I was just wondering… what do you think they should be charging? What's fair in the eyes of the consumer?