FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:29 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ReadystEDIgo
I agree. I very, very rarely eat pies and apart from breakfast, I can't remember the last time I ate sausages, etc. I am disappointed that the salmon has gone which was a regular for me.

I am liking the sound of the desserts though
Salmon and chicken cold cuts are available on the salad counter. Here's the new Burnt Cambridge Cream

Originally Posted by Joely
Very disappointed at the departure of the pork belly and it's replacement with far more unhealthy pies. I thought the pork belly was very good and I don't like the delivery of my protein wrapped in wheat based carbohydrates.
Um well I am not entirely sure I can share your nutritional analysis! But there was quite a fair bit of lobbying going on (including by me) to get pies back, so it does show you can't please everyone.

Originally Posted by billinghamn
You and me too. I liked the pork belly too. Perhaps they might bring it back at a later point?
Yes, I suspect that actually it hasn't completely gone away. The Flounge buffet has now a lot more rotation. Under the previous caterers it was quite a big event when anything changed on the buffet, now there often is a new item out.