FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - go! to Cease Service April 1, 2014 in Hawaii
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:59 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Good riddance YV. Thanks for contributing to the demise of AQ

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by DanTravels
From Mesa Air to end its Hawaiian operations, Go!

Originally Posted by JonathanOrnstein
With the significant expansion opportunities in flying large regional jets in contracted service, we are re-deploying the go! aircraft to support our existing mainland operations.
Given that Mesa has almost completely transitioned to CR7's and CR9's, and has only two CR2's left in service, with fifty-some stored, and given that Ornstein was also quoted about adding more CR9's and E-175's, I'm a little baffled as to what "support" a couple more old CR-2's would add to their mainline operations.

I suspect they'll actually be "re-deployed" to places that still value CR2's and thought other former go! airframes were worth having - like Air Wisconsin, Skywest, Air Mali, Ak Bars Aero, or Rusline - or "stored" and/or scrapped. The "support" will probably come in the form of any money Mesa gets for them.
Maybe its not YV aircraft but YV pilots Mesa is after. @:-)

There's apparently quite the shortage of RJ pilots with the new FAA rules...

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 18, 2014 at 7:24 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts